Sacraments for Baptized Adults

Contact:  Jakie Hein at parish office 991-4400

For those adults who baptized in the Catholic Church and are seeking First Holy Communion, Confirmation or the Sacrament of Matrimony (having their marriages convalidated) it is necessary to under go a period of instruction and catechesis in order to be properly disposed to receiving the sacraments. 

What to do?

  1. Make an appointment to see the parish priest or deacon by calling the office to schedule one.
  2. Request a copy of your baptismal certificate from the church you were baptized.
  3. Start attending Mass regularly and begin learning what you can about the Catholic Chuch.

If you need First Communion or Confirmation...

  1. You will need to make sure that if you are in an invalid marriage (one not recongnized by the Church) you need to meet concerning "convalidation" with the priest or a deacon
  2. If you are unmarried (civilly or by common law) and need to fulfill sacraments, beginning in the Fall of 2013 you will simply attend a 10 week course offered at the parish or at the diocesan level for reception of First Communion or to receive Confirmation with the Bishop.
  3. Confirmation ceremonies currently take place in the month of December.

If you need to convalidate your marriage...

  1. You will need to make an appointment with the parish priest or deacon to begin the process.
  2. In some cases a marriage convalidation is a simple process that can be accomplished in a relatively short period of time.
  3. In other cases a formal annulement may be necessary, but the priest or deacon and help you with that.